Driven from expertise developed in Scottish Enterprise, the design and development of high impact projects. This often involves working with clients to articulate their objectives, speaking to key stakeholders and development of viable, sustainable, high impact and above all “fundable” projects. This is often undertaken side by side with the development of business plans and fund raising.
Examples of such work are:
- Health Science Scotland, a partnership of the university medical schools and their NHS health boards to promote clinical research expertise
- Borrodale School Development in Isle of Skye to develop a community hub, bunkhouse and affordable house
- Scottish Health Innovations Limited (SHIL) the technology transfer office of the NHS
- Banffshire Visual Arts Festival (COAST)
- International Barley Hub and Advanced Plant Growth Centre, James Hutton Institute
- Rhubodach Forest, Isle of Bute developing a feasibility and plan for the community purchase of a forest
- Investors in People. Introduction of the programme in Scotland including establishment of IIP Scotland
There have also been examples where I have undertaken Director roles in the short term until the project is fully operational, and undertaking a range of practice tasks such as establishing web sites, initial marketing development, establishing basic financial systems and recruitment of the first staff.